The one thing that I’ve come to dread over the years is setting a New Year’s resolution. It feels just “so 80’s”, you know what I mean? It’s crazy to think about the cycle it repeats year after year for us.
This is what it usually looks like:
- Get all excited for the New Year
- Plan “all of the things” to work on
- Buy new planners, subscribe to new apps, enroll in new programs and memberships to “make it happen”
- Do “good” for the first few weeks or months
- Fizzle out in silence, followed with guilt, shame and frustration afterwards
It’s such a horrible pattern to repeat year, after year, after year. And it takes a strong mental toll on you, making you think you’re a failure and “why even try”.
Don’t you just want to say, once and for all “OMG! I’m KILLING IT!” ? To be done with the dreaded weight loss goal would be beyond amazing, yes?
Of course! And that’s what it’ll feel like when you take on a different approach to your goals, dreams and desires. Because after “secretly” interviewing hundreds of women recently, the #1 reason they say they can’t stick to their goals is because of TIME and the lack of it.
For a long time, I was a fanatic of “time management” and the importance of it. And I’m really a stickler about time, being on time and others being mindful of time. Time, time, time.
And then I learned a new way of being (recognize I say BEING not DOING). Instead of trying to manage time, which is a very LIMITED resource, I now lead with managing my energy, which is a lot more infinite.
So with that said, here are 3 ways to add more time to your day so you no longer have to repeat the same cycles each year, and you can finally say “OMG! I’m KILLING IT!”
- Plan your meals in ADVANCE. I cannot express how important this is. Spending 1-2 hours on the weekend to plan & prep your meals can save you up to 10 hours of prep & cook time during the week. TEN HOURS! And when you plan ahead, you’ll also save money. What would you do with 10 hours of extra time and a little extra cash in your pocket? If you don’t know where to start with meal planning, I’ve got you covered. Check out my meal planning service and enroll in the FREE trial to get started! When you use this service, you can even choose to have your groceries delivered to your home. Come on!!!
- Move your body DAILY. I have to admit, this one has always been the most challenging for me, until recently. It’s all about doing exercise that you love, staying consistent (even when you don’t feel like it) and being willing to change it up, from time to time. When you start to incorporate physical activity into your life, you’ll notice your energy will increase and you’ll get more done throughout the day. Boom! Time added to your day instantly, and POOF! Excuses eliminated
- Sleep MORE. This is the most overlooked piece to the puzzle. Studies have shown that sleep deprivation increases weight gain, lowers your immune system and increases your risk for heart disease and diabetes. Lack of sleep also decreases your motivation and drive throughout the day. You can easily overcome this by going to be 1 hour earlier each night. This will provide your body the rest it needs to restore your energy reserves during the night so you can use them efficiently the following day! Voila!
So this year, don’t let time (and the perceived lack of it) be the thing that holds you back from achieving success. Focus on managing your energy FIRST so that you have MORE TIME to take care of your greatest asset – YOU!
Are you ready to boost your energy so you’ll have more time in the day for the things that are most important to you? Remember: Your HEALTH is your greatest asset, and without it you’re limiting your ability to do your best work in the world. In my CEO Nutrition Mastery private coaching program, we’ll work together to help you master your unique nutrition blueprint so you can lose weight, have more energy and feel like yourself again. Take the first step toward mastery and apply today. You’re worth it!