You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to know that food affects brain function.
And it doesn’t hurt that there’s actual research that confirms that foods high in omega 3’s and antioxidants positively affect brain health.
Your brain is the control center of your body; it’s the head honcho in charge of every single function in the body.
So it’s safe to say it’s a good idea to include plenty foods that’ll keep your brain in tip-top shape.
Below are 7 foods you can eat to boost your brain power:
- Nuts: Packed with vitamin E & healthy fats nuts help regulate blood flow and keep oxygen going to the brain. Walnuts are a great source
- Berries: Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and other berries are a good source of antioxidants and help to aid with memory & focus
- Salmon: Rich in omega 3’s, salmon enhances brain function and contains anti-inflammatory properties
- Beets: Contain nitrates which promotes blood and oxygen to the brain
- Oranges: High in vitamin C, a key nutrient in preventing mental decline
- Eggs: A good source of choline, an important micronutrient that your body uses to create acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter that helps regulate mood and memory
- Turmeric: Contains curcumin, an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compound shown to improve memory and ease depression
When you eat a variety of whole foods, especially plant-based, you’ll do your WHOLE BODY good, including your brain.
But also remember, it’s not only about what you eat. How and why you’re eating (or overeating) is important to notice, as well.
If you’re tired of the cookie-cutter diets and programs, and you’re open to a more holistic approach to wellness, I invite you to schedule a FREE Mini Session so we talk about your goals and how to get you on track to getting there!